Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tub Time *Update*

Today we attempted to make bath crayons. Biggs has used all of his and I keep forgetting to pick some up so I thought we could try making some.  It was fun but we have to wait until tomorrow to try them since they have to dry for 24 hours.

If anyone is interested in making some here is what you need: 
1 cup of grated Ivory soap
1/4 cup warm/hot water
Food Coloring
Shapes i.e. cookie cutters, playdoh molds, ice cube tray etc...
Oh, also I got some kool aid out to see if they would color and smell nice but I picked grape and it ended up looking all grey and sad but it did smell delicious, also don't think it will color as nice as the food coloring. However you can add the kool aid to a matching color so that it smells fruity.


Yeah, mixing with two hands is always better than one!

Such concentration.



The recipe was mainly for 1 color but I stretched it to four since my molds were teeny tiny!  Just mix the warm water in with your soap then separate if you are using multiple colors and mix away, then place in the molds. Stick in the freezer for ten minutes, pop them out and let them dry for 24 hrs.  I don't know if they will work yet as we haven't tried them but will update tomorrow at tub time!

Here is what they looked like after the freezer:

Not the prettiest but it was our first try!

Oh and I almost forgot; you need one happy guy!

*Update*
So the crayons colored but they broke apart ;-( next time I will try hotter water and mix it a little more.


No comments:

Post a Comment