Saturday, October 11, 2014

This is "GLOW" fun!!!

Today we had such a fun day visiting with our Auntie Lynn and Uncle Chris they drove down to have some early birthday and halloween fun with us! Thank you for all of our gifts and a wonderful visit.

After dinner and cake and all the hoopla we got busy with a spooky fun project fit for fall and halloween. I have been waiting to try some glow experiments for a while and we have just begun! I have seen other people do glow activities, a lot of time I see them using highlighter markers to make blacklight reactive activities, or people cut open glow bracelets/necklaces etc... I don't recommend any of that since it's not the healthiest thing to do. I found out that tonic water glows under a blacklight and it's super cheap and awesome, you can also make kid friendly glow drinks too! So I took some water beads (don't recommend for children who are still putting things in their mouth) and instead of soaking them in plain ole water I soaked them in Tonic water! This is the result! Some blacklight reactive water beads, oh yeah!
So, you don't have to have a spooky skeleton but it def adds some fun!

Biggs can look pretty spooky too!


I can't wait to try this for so many other things. If you have a little one who puts things in their mouth then try soaking some rice or pasta or tapioca balls. We are going to try everything!!! Check next time for our spooky glow experiments!


A few notes:
Tonic water is made with sugar so it is sticky so be prepared for tub time after or rinse the water beads before play. If you rinse though be careful not to get them in your drain I used a container and a colander and ran some water through a couple times. Okay, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment